We always need more team members. There are over 35,000 people living in the Woodley area and at any time, one of them could need help.
The training by South Central Ambulance Service is comprehensive and provides you with all you need to know to be operational. Once you have passed, you will observe an ambulance crew for a day to provide you with frontline experience. Then you can respond on your own, or with another team member initially while you build experience.
At least every 6 months, you will attend a re-qualification session to ensure you are up to date with your training and to develop your skills further. There are also internal courses run during the year to develop your medical knowledge as far as you wish and internal support and development from members of our team.
- Aged 18 or over and hold a clean full UK driving licence and own a car
- Good physical fitness levels
- Compassion and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good team worker
- Able to provide approximately 20 hours of cover per month
If you would like to request an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org - if you would like an informal discussion first, please get in touch with us using the contact form on the next page and we will respond promptly.
- Contact SCAS for an application pack
- Attend a training course, provided by SCAS
- Pass Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Meet with scheme team leader
- After passing, become operational and start responding